Pages

Tuesday 19 June 2012

My Place In This World















Hi my name is Tame’e.
My Family comes from Tonga, but my Dad comes from Vava’u which is town in another part of Tonga. My Mum comes from the Capital of Tonga, Nuku'alofa.

My Goals are to study Singing and Drama. My idol is my older sister Eseta. She taught me how to sing when I was just 4 years old.

My  strongest interest is singing because my family have been singing all their  lives. My brother and his band, which won Pacifica Beats, made a song for all reggae lovers called Reggae’s My Heart. So I want to be the next step on the family musical tree. I really want to sing and do drama because I want to follow in my parents footsteps. My mum and Dad were always the soloists in the youth group at our church.
Reggae has been in my family since my brother and his band won Pacifica
Beats.
.
Sometimes I sing in church with my family and other young people.
We always have a chance to compete with other youth in singing competitions.
I really want to get in to University to be a Music Teacher to help kids follow their dreams of singing.  

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tame'e. You have a great singing voice as you proved in our school musical 2 years ago. With your family's support and your ambition, I know you will achieve your dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tame'e, I enjoyed learning about your family's reggae connection. You must feel very proud of them. It is so good to know that you are focused on following your own dreams. Family support and hard work is all you will need to earn that scholarship.

    I am also a reggae fan and a few weeks ago attended a tribute concert for the late Peter Tosh up North at Maungawhai. His son Andrew Tosh put on a lively performance and sang many classic songs. I met up with his partner and their cute baby boy. It was her first visit to N.Z and she told me that it was beautiful but cold however, she was looking forward to some sight seeing. Perhaps you might want to check out his music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Ms G
      For your supportive(if theres such a word!)comment I will listen to their songs and hope that it will be stuck in my head for the rest of the term!ahahaha
      Thanks Mrs George

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! Tame'e your post is really really good and I wish I went to the some church as you did so I know what it fells like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tame'e
    I like your post about your self and I think you should be in Australia sing on the Voice

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.